Write More, Probably?

I really into writing, lately.

I know I have been writing since a long time ago, but I just started to feel that writing is really touched me.

I just realize that all this time I write because I want to look in a certain way. I know, that sounds not so good. Otherwise, because of that, I become to understand what kind of style of writing that I comfort to use in my writing.

Recently, I try to write more. I challenge myself to write every day even though it's just five sentences. Basically, I write every day because I have freelance work to do. But I think I have failed. In the meantime of doing that, I've lost my purposes. I've lost reason.

Maybe I still couldn't find a strong reason, but at least I start to realize why I write.

That's probably the most important thing I have to work on. I also have another “problem” that is I feel that I don't have the willingness and the patience to finish my writing.

Writing is not an instant activity. It needs a long process to finish one piece. For me, I usually have three stages which are pre-writing, writing, and post-writing.  For now, those three stages are all hard. But, the hardest part is to get started.

The pre-writing stage also hard because this is probably the longest phase. I have to read, search, research, sometimes observe about the topic I want to write. Like, if you want to make fried rice, you have to prepare all the ingredients. You have to cut the chicken. You have to chop the vegetables, and so on. Why is this the longest stage? Because I want to keep up the quality of my writing.

After that, I need to actually write it down, to make it into a real writing piece. Now, this phase has been the hardest one for me.

I got distracted very easily. I feel I am much more easily got distracted than I was. This because I feel bored easily, too, which makes me feel bad because I should've used my time for something useful. The writing and post-writing stage is inseparable because I write and edit in the back and forth mode.

Sometimes, I did rewrite and repeat all the process again because I did not feel satisfied with the quality.

However, the journey has taught me a lot. I learn to understand more about myself. I learn to accept who I am. I learn to do something not because other people want me to do it, but me.

For now, my priority is to keep me motivated and inspired to write more, no matter what. No need to worry, no need to rush, just write.

How about you?

Comments

  1. Rahajeng Wengi. Came acrros your blog at Uma Seminyak Photo Gallery and just decided to look at it (Low season now, Ive got nothing to do on my desk), but I found it hard to stop reading. agreeing on this page might be my excuse for the situation I faced (I think everyone did and to be honest i am not an expert for the rest). Thanks for sharing, Mba. Keep up your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never check the comment section until now. Thank you for stopping by. God bless :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts